About Masha Bennett
Masha Bennett’s experience ranges from work in offender rehabilitation and counselling children and young people in distress, to employment as a psychotherapist in an NHS Staff Support Service and in a Health Psychology department.
She has set up and managed a new drug treatment programme in a women’s prison (2004-06), developed an innovative mental health resource centre in Stockport (2006-09), contributed to creating and facilitating a trauma-informed addiction recovery service in Oldham (2013-16), and lectured on trauma therapy to Sri Lankan counsellors as part of an international development project (2013).
Masha’s specialist interests include innovative approaches in treatment of trauma/PTSD and addictions; and enhancing resilience, prevention and amelioration of vicarious traumatisation and compassion fatigue in helping professionals. Her Master of Science thesis focused on self-care in trauma therapists.
Masha’s style is professional, practical, and approachable, and her clients, supervises and trainees value her warmth, flexibility, creativity and humour.
Feedback on Masha’s workshops and trainings:
“The training was relaxed, humorous and current for today’s issues. Within prisons there can be a number of serious incidents such as self-harm, substance misuse and assaults, and through the training I have been introduced to a tool to help address these areas of concern… On a personal note I would like to thank Masha for making me feel so welcome, she is a brilliant trainer and I so look forward to the post course support and any further training.” (BB, Prison Custody Officer)
“The trainer was very natural and flowing, very knowledgeable, putting everyone at ease – and very diplomatic on difficult questions/issues!” (Dr KS, Clinical Psychologist)
“I would like to thank you for two of the most interesting days I have spent in learning. Your attitude and delivery differ from any others I have seen. (ZF, Physiotherapist, Israel)
“A rare combination of technical skill and creativity.” (DK, Journalist, Russia)
“Masha’s experience and breadth of knowledge is matched only by her understanding and sensitivity that enables her to work with clients and students in unique ways that are appropriate to the needs of each individual.” (PG, Mental Health Service Manager)
“An inspirational course, thank you!” (NA, Nurse, Norway)
“The trainer was elegant, articulate, fun, highly responsive, massively informed.” (MM, Psychotherapist & Trainer)
“I love your teaching style, which appears very calm and laid-back but is packed with information and thought-provoking ideas. You have a wonderfully professional approach but it is wrapped in such friendliness that it immediately draws the group together and creates a feeling of safety.” (SS, Psychotherapist & Trainer).
Selected training and qualifications
- MSc Therapeutic Practice for Psychological Trauma
- UKCP Registered Psychotherapist & Clinical Supervisor
- Diploma in Neurolinguistic Psychotherapy
- EMDR Europe (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing) Accredited Practitioner
- Critical Incident Stress Management Facilitator
- AAMET Master Trainer of Trainers in EFT (Emotional Freedom Techniques)
- Comprehensive Resource Model Training (Basic)
- Lifespan Integration Training (Level 1 & 2)
- GHR Registered Senior Hypnotherapist & Supervisor
- Master Practitioner of NLP (Neurolinguistic Programming)
- Certificate in Sexual Minority Therapy (LGBTQ Affirmative Therapy)
- StopSO specialist workshops on assessment, treatment and prevention of sexual offending
- Diploma in Health & Social Care
- Professional Development Award in Creative Therapy
- Certificate in Supervision
- Certificate in Executive Coaching
- Certificate in Workplace Mediation / Mediation with Teams
Extensive training and continuous professional development in psychotherapy, sandplay therapy, therapeutic art, sound therapy, metaphor work, parts therapy, somatic experiencing (body psychotherapy), trauma and dissociation, drug and alcohol addictions, eating disorders.
- UKCP (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy)
- EMDR Association UK & Ireland
- NLPtCA (Neurolinguistic Psychotherapy & Counselling Association)
- AAMET (Association for Advancement of Meridian Energy Techniques)
- GHR (General Hypnotherapy Register)
- AIST (Association of Integrative Sandplay Therapists)
- StopSO (Stop Sexual Offending)
- ESTD (European Society for Trauma & Dissociation)